This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Heathrow Airport Holdings Limited, its group companies (“Heathrow”) and Njinga Cycling Limited (“Njinga”) collect personal information about you when you participate in the Race the Place 3 competition on 17 October 2018 (the “Competition”).
Heathrow and Njinga are committed to protecting your personal information when you enter their promotions and competitions. Whenever you provide such information we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data, including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
What information will we collect about you?
When you enter the Competition, we will collect the following information about you:
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Level of cycling ability
- Health questions which form the Physical Readiness Questionnaire
- Emergency information, including details of next of kin, their relationship to the participant
Heathrow and Njinga will collect this information via your registration for the Competition on Eventbrite. This may include collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet. For more information, see our section on ‘cookies’ below.
How will Heathrow and Njinga use the information they collect about me?
Heathrow and Njinga will use your personal data for a number of purposes including the following (the “Purposes”):
- To register you for the Competition
- To facilitate your participation in the Competition
- To ensure you are able to safely participate in the Competition and provide any medical assistance required on the date of the Competition
- To publicise that you are participating in the Competition and/or are the winner of the Competition
- To contact team leaders about future events, provided team leaders give their express consent to receive such communications
- Other purposes
The lawful justification for collecting and using your personal data is legitimate interest – in that it is necessary for registering you for the Competition, ensuring you are safe while participating the Competition and giving you the Competition prize if you win. Failure to provide mandatory data (as indicated by our staff) will mean that we will not be able to participate in the Competition.
Your information will be handled and used by the following recipients for the Purposes:
- Heathrow Communications Team
- Njinga Operations Team
- Other recipients
We will keep your information within Heathrow and Njinga and our trusted third parties except where disclosure is required by law, for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies. Your information is processed by Heathrow and Njinga only in the UK and is not moved or transferred overseas.
How long will Heathrow and Njinga keep my information?
Your information will be retained for a period of one year from the date it is received, after which point it will be deleted. Where team leaders tell us that they no longer wish to receive communications about future events, we will keep this information about team leaders until they tell us otherwise.
Your information will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ principle.
What rights do I have over my personal data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data by making a subject access request
- Rectification, erasure or restriction of your information where this is justified
- Object to the processing of your information where this is justified
- Data portability
To exercise you rights please contact the Heathrow Data Protection Officer and/or the Njinga Data Protection Officer using the following contact details:
Heathrow Airport Ltd
The Compass Centre
privacy [at] heathrow [dot] com
info [at] njingacycling [dot] com